We’re always looking for new authors. As a contributor for us, you will inspire people to lead their happiest and healthiest lives.
does not represent a diversity of viewpoints. We are green, but we are NOT afraid of technology. We are not afraid to call out green-washing, either.
is to promote truth.
TOPICS WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE
- Ethical and sustainable fashion,
- Exploitation in fashion industry,
- Green living,
- Small-space living,
- Shopping guides for the green individual,
- Vegetarian recipes,
- Eastern European cuisine - vegetarian,
- Recipes for diabetics,
- Anthropology of food,
- Doable DIYs, but not too crafty with too much pink,
- Insightful personal essays,
- Actionable life tips,
- Review of non-fiction books, eg. the dark side of coffee business.
- Culture in general,
- Cultural appropriation of Eastern European cultures,
- A critical look at our culture,
- Original beauty tutorials using green products (no Dior, Chanel or Revlon here),
- Travel. You do not have to travel anywhere. You can write about the place where you live.
- Forbidden archeology,
- Men’s health and fashion,
- … Any other topic that will challenge our readers and move our industry forward.
VOICE and TONE GUIDELINES
Be original. Posts must be unique and original to lifebyyou.com. Posts must not have been published or submitted elsewhere online (including your personal blog) or be slated for distribution on other sites.
Shine. Be honest and authentic, and let your personality come through in your writing.
Add to the conversation. How can your piece add to what's already there?
Write in your own voice. How would you explain your idea to a good friend? Use that conversational tone when you write.
We welcome edgy topics, but please don’t resort to shock value.
Send SEO-driven submissions. But we do accept submissions or bio references that promote a business or service in line with our green philosophy.
Hyperlink. Please don’t hyperlink your text. Put relevant links in brackets: [http://something.com].
Lifebyyou.com will reject any duplicate content or poorly written work. Please do not plagiarize or attempt to repurpose previously written content from other sites, be it your own or someone else’s.
Any relevant images for your post. Send only images that you own. Send as separate files, not pasted within a document.
Your bio (120 words or less) with links to your website, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter pages, in brackets: [http://pinterest.com/yourname].
A headshot or photo of you to use for your bio.
To submit, email us at jobs (at) lifebyyou.com.
WHAT WE PUBLISH
We publish three types of content:
- Features (1,500–2,500 words).
- Articles (600–1,500 words). More casual in tone and content.
- Mini-articles (500–600 words). Short and sweet.
Do we pay? Yes, but we are a small company with small budget - the US Vogue magazine pays only $70 for its covers! We pay only if your article is read by at least 300 people a month.
AFTER YOUR ARTICLE IS PUBLISHED
Share it with everyone, but do not spam.
Thank you for your interest; we look forward to publishing your work on Lifebyyou.com!You can leave comments below
We want to make sure that lifebyyou.com is the best it possibly can be, so if you have any comments, questions, concerns, or ideas on how to make lifebyyou.com better, please do not hesitate to let us know. You can comment below or send us an email to jobs (at) lifebyyou.com.