We are told that the shape of our faces affects which hairstyles, glasses, or makeup effects look best on us. We disagree. Here’s why.
Every person has one of nine face shapes: oval, round, square, rectangular, long (or oblong), heart, inverted triangle, diamond, or pear (trapeze). We are told that knowing which shape our faces are can help us choose hairstyles, glasses, or makeup effects that are the most flattering on us. We don’t agree.
But before we make our case learn how to find out your face shape.
How to determine your face shape
If may be confusing to figure out your face shape as most faces are combination of shapes. Here’s how to determine your face shape.
You need only to know 4 dimensions:
- Width of your forehead
- Width at your cheekbones.
- Width at your jaw.
- Length of your face.
You don’t need to actually measure your face. You can take dimensions from your photograph.
Oval face shape
- Look at the length of your face. Oval faces are usually 1 ½ times longer than they are wide.
- Forehead is narrower than the cheekbones.
- The width of the forehead and jaw are about the same.
- A jaw is narrower than the cheekbones.
On the photograph. Ms. Irena Santor has an oval face with a pointed chin.
To be continued...