Stress affects your mind and can also afflict you on a cellular level. Long-term stress can lead to a variety of illnesses – headaches, stomach disorders, depression, strokes and heart disease. Understanding the mind/stress connection helps you manage stress and increase your health and well-being.
10 Tips for reducing Stress and living a Longer, Healthier Life!
- Improve your health – diet, exercise, sleep, positive self-talk.
- Slow down – relax, unwind, breathe.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff – go with the flow.
- Take time for yourself – get a massage, read.
- Focus on today – take life one step at a time.
- Meditate – sit quietly for 10 minutes daily.
- Laugh – laughter is the best medicine.
- Help someone – practice random acts of kindness.
- Focus on the positive – affirm what's working.
- Try something fun & new – a hobby, vacation.